ABM Financial Advisers Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of ABM Financial Advisers Limited in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR, the data controller is:
- Eoin Buckley
- Contact details: [email protected] / 021 4625607
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is ABM Financial Advisers Limited
Please read this privacy notice carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
ABM Financial Advisers Limited, Central Bank number 34425, is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as an Investment Intermediary authorised under the Investment Intermediaries Act, 1995 and as an insurance intermediary under the European Communities (Insurance Mediation) Regulations. Based in Cork, our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in the following areas:
- Life & Pensions i.e. Life Assurance, Specified Illness and Income Protection Policies, Pensions, Investments and Savings.
- Deposit Accounts
- Listed Shares and Bonds
Our GDPR Owner and data protection specialist is:
- Eoin Buckley
- [email protected]
- 021 4625607
Purpose for processing your data
Your data will be collected, analysed and processed in order to assist us in making recommendations that we believe are in your best interest. Some of this data will be shared with product providers for the purposes of establishing a contract with the provider. If a contract is established, you will consent to providing this information to the product provider through the completion and signing of their proposal form.
- All personal data which we process, is processed by our staff in Ireland however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located in servers within the European Union. No 3rd parties have access to your data unless the law allows them to do so.
- We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
- We will not collect any personal data from you which we do not need in order to provide and oversee our services to you.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you with our financial advisory and product related services, ABM Financial Advisers Limited need to collect personal data. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – ABM Financial Advisers Limited needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract e.g. a pension, protection, deposit account or investment/savings contract with a product provider.
In any event, ABM Financial Advisers Limited is committed to ensuring that the information we collect, and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will ABM Financial Advisers Limited use the personal data it collects about me?
ABM Financial Advisers Limited will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as a special category of personal data), we will ensure that we will obtain your explicit consent to do so.
Who are we sharing your data with?
In running and maintaining the ABM Financial Advisers Limited website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site using standard Google Analytics tracking which includes details of your visits such as pages viewed and which resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register your interest in our newsletter or other services.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us.
Third-party Service Providers
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to ABM Financial Advisers Limited in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with ABM Financial Advisers Limited procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we may currently pass your personal data to are:
Aviva Life & Pensions UK Limited, Friends First Life Assurance Company, Independent Trustee Company Limited, Irish Life Assurance plc, New Ireland Assurance Company plc, Royal London, Standard Life Assurance Company, Zurich Life Assurance plc, KBC Bank Ireland plc, Investec Bank plc (Irish Branch), Permanent TSB plc, Investec Capital & Investments (Ireland) and Quilter Cheviot Limited.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we, as the data controller, will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
ABM Financial Advisers Limited facilitate your data rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that you are refused your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. ABM Financial Advisers Limited will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body and our internal governance.
If you wish to make a complaint about the way we use your personal information you should raise this with us in the first instance. However, if you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your complaint you have the right to raise the matter with the Data Protection Commissioner;
Data Protection Commissioner
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Co. Laois R32 AP23
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract and you cannot provide this data, the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on 021 4625607 or [email protected]