April 2017 Investment BriefingEoin Buckley
Our speakers shared their views on some of the key challenges and opportunities including:
- How effective financial planning can reduce your taxes.
- Pre and post retirement tax planning.
- Advice for investors as the financial markets continue to absorb the effects of US President Donald Trump, Brexit, tensions within European member states and the likelihood of a new Euro currency crisis unfolding during 2017.
- Given equity markets are in their second longest bull run in history and valuations have moved significantly higher since March 2009, have equity valuations moved into ‘bubble’ levels?
- Or alternatively, should Investors remain cautiously optimistic on the outlook for equity markets given the paltriness of returns from the alternatives i.e. extremely low bond yields and deposit rates?
- The investement outlook for the other four classes i.e. deposits, bonds, alternatives and property.
Speakers included Ian Slattery (Zurich Life) and Eoin J. Buckley (abm financial advisers).